- Be involved in one of the world’s most exciting underground mining projects
- Further develop your career by managing projects and building upon your technical skill set
- Join a leading global mining and metals company recognized for safety and operational excellence - Superior
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Mine Engineer to deliver planning and engineering support for the Resolution underground mining engineering studies group. The successful candidate will support the development of the underground mine plan for the proposed panel cave mine.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to join the Resolution Copper Project, which is seeking to develop one of the largest undeveloped resources in the world. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will be:
- Developing detailed mine plans/schedules through the use of mine planning software and general underground mine planning/engineering principals
- Providing technical support to other disciplines such as permitting, mill processing, and surface infrastructure etc.
- Identifying opportunities to improve safety and implement improvements to reduce risk
- Undertaking general trade-off work
- Supporting Rio Tinto Projects with inputs derived from study results
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering
- 3+ years of underground mining engineering experience
- Direct experience in underground mine planning
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- knowledge of long-range ventilation planning
- Competency in the use of main planning software such as Vulcan, Deswik, and PCBC
- Prior experience with cost estimation and economic trade-off studies, underground oreflow, ground control, and mine services
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.