- Excellent opportunity to be involved in one of the world’s most exciting underground mining projects
- Manage projects and provide engineering support at Resolution Copper mine.
- Join a leading global mining company offering personal development and career opportunities. - Superior
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to safely implement maintenance, operations and project activities. Will be accountable for executing plant and mobile mechanical work.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production, mine and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. Reporting to the Maintenance Planner, you will be:
- Executing maintenance, operation and project mechanical tasks (e.g. inspections, troubleshooting, component refurbishment and major shutdown repairs.
- Managing safety for all activities, tasks and projects based on assessed hazards, identified critical risks and mitigating actions.
- Executing major maintenance activities on critical assets (including refrigeration and water treatment systems).
- Executing planned and unplanned tasks.
- Mentoring and working with other maintenance team members.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Mechanical journeymen (or equivalent), with at least 10 years of experience.
- Experience with fixed plant, heavy industry or mining equipment.
- Practical knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and DC systems.
- Detailed understanding of associated standards
- Experience in maintenance and operation of plant and mobile equipment, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Practical experience in utilizing work order systems
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Trained in (or eligible for) confined space, working at heights, forklift, and elevated work platform.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.