- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Work in a deep underground project located near Superior, AZ.
- o Develop a program for the management of physical assets for future underground mining operations - Superior
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Hoist Operator to be responsible for the safe maintenance and operation of the existing physical assets, consisting of a deep shaft, multiple mine levels and associated equipment and infrastructure.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to be involved in the application of effective whole-of-life asset management practices to achieve ongoing safe maintenance and operation of existing physical assets. Reporting to the UG Operations & Services Supervisor, you will be:
- Operating hoists to safely transport personnel and materials in the shaft
- Operating hoists and winches to safely perform hoist system maintenance activities, including conveyances and shaft infrastructure
- Monitoring ventilation, cooling and dewatering systems and dispatching personnel for repair activities
- Initiating and coordinating mine evacuation, emergency response and trigger action response plans
- Monitoring and tracking personnel working underground
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Hoist operator experience, or ability to complete a hoist operator training and qualification program within 6 months
- Ability to safely operate and monitor equipment utilizing an HMI (Human Machine Interface) control system
- Effective communication skills
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Underground operations and maintenance experience
- Experience in shaft operations & repair
- Experience in hoist systems maintenance
- Crane operator experience
- MSHA underground mine rescue qualification
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.