Manager Health & Safety
- Lead, develop, and embed HS practises across site
- Build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Opportunity to work in a global organisation - Superior
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Manager HS to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of programs to meet local regulatory requirements and advise management of HS risks and develop, implement, and achieve HS objectives across the organization.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a proven Health, and Safety leader to strengthen sites approach in assuring regulatory compliance and best practices are in play. This role is a complex role interfacing with multiple stakeholders and will test primary skills of influence, but is support through a global network of Health, and Safety professionals. Reporting to the GM Copper HSE, you will be:
- Facilitate the health safety environmental management system and support site champion and custodian roles with technical information and best practices
- Manage site resources to ensure Business Resilience and Recovery Planning and site emergency plans are adequate to meet the need of the business.
- H&S Information dissemination to RCC employees and contractors through written materials, training sessions and meetings.
- Represent Resolution on the Emergency Services Agreement board of directors to ensure local emergency services are prepared to handle emergencies
- Assure compliance w/ safety & health standards/regulation through inspections, audits, reviews and meetings. Prepare internal/external reports of MSHA, OSHA, Rio Tinto interests and standards.
- Working directly with line leaders to mentor and coach in health and safety leadership.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Health, Safety and Environment discipline or any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in HSE leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels
- Experience in working with regulators and stakeholders within Riot Tinto and Community.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- MSHA trainer certification
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.