- Work in a deep underground project located near Superior, Arizona
- Underground Mechanical, Electrical and Welder opportunities
- Gain industry recognized qualification
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for an Apprentice to join our team at Resolution Copper. During your three-year apprenticeship program, you will gain valuable on the job experience while also completing formal training at Central Arizona College.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to begin your career at a major underground copper project. At the completion of the apprenticeship you will transition into a journeyman role responsible for the safe maintenance and operation of the existing physical assets, consisting of a deep shaft, multiple mine levels and associated equipment and infrastructure Reporting to the Manager - Operations and Maintenance, you will be:
- Perform maintenance tasks on equipment and plant systems, both underground and surface, on a shift work basis
- Identify defects and provide feedback on asset performance, raising notifications and completing work orders
- Respond to malfunctioning equipment, diagnose problems, and work to restore normal operations
- Ensure work management activities are undertaken in line with work orders and job instructions
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to work 12-hour rotating shifts (Days & Nights)
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Previous work experience demonstrating a strong work ethic and absolute commitment to safety
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information