Manager Communities & Social Performance
- The role manages outreach and relationship building with diverse stakeholder groups.
- The primary accountability of the role is developing and nurturing relationships with stakeholders.
- An ability to build very strong relationships. – Superior, Arizona
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Manager Communities & Social Performance with experience directing and leading the execution of all local and regional Communities strategies and initiatives.
Corporate Relations is a global team providing expertise and advice across all aspects of communication, media relations and stakeholder engagement. The team is responsible for managing a range of channels, publications, announcements, speeches and events.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for someone that has experience identifying and responding to community needs, understanding and addressing stakeholder issues, and achieving CSP targets. Reporting to the GM communities and communications, you will be:
- Developing and leading Communities strategies, programs and initiatives.
- Building positive, sustainable relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Aligning community partnerships and investments with strategy, targeting key initiatives to advance permitting & reduce opposition
- Defining and lead Native American engagement strategy, with the goal of building long-term partnerships
- Managing relationships, partnerships and social investments with community organizations and NGOs
- Leading and deliver regional economic development initiatives
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated excellence in executing Communities programs
- Proven experience implementing innovative programs focused on community entrepreneurship and business development
- 10 plus years of experience in Community Development, Social Investment or a closely related field
- Solid experience and success in strategic social investment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of local/regional culture and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with multiple business partners in a matrixed organization
- Strong budgetary oversight
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with proven ability to engage teams and develop people
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information