2018 USA Intern / Work Study – Reliability Engineers – Arizona
How can you make a meaningful difference to the way we resource the world?
New challenges demand new ideas. As experts in mining and metals we’re looking for the next generation of challengers, visionaries and pioneers. The people who will think beyond possibility to deliver ideas and answers that are essential to human progress.
Discover more about our internship opportunities
Rio Tinto offers many internships and Work Study assignments opportunities each year. We consider these experiences as pre-employment and introduction to our organization.
While you are still working hard to get your degree, we can help you get your career on track. We understand your need to succeed but understand you may not have any experience or not know exactly what you would like to do when you graduate. An Internship or Work study experience with us will provide you with a 'real' work experience over your summer break.
Over the course of the program, you'll gain a great understanding of the work we do, our commitment to safety, options we can provide and the scale of our operations. You'll build relationships with the Rio Tinto team and community, while gathering valuable real world experience and get paid real dollars to do it!
We are currently accepting applications for our 2018 Summer internship and work study assignments, to be eligible you must be enrolled full-time at a University. Apply now and start in May / June 2018.
We are looking for Engineering Sciences Interns / Work Study students to work in our operations at various mine sites in Arizona.
What the role entails
· Assisting in the development and implementation of innovative process improvements, work practices and equipment utilization, which improve productivity and/or enhance equipment availability
· Ensuring a high standard of routine process review and effective troubleshooting is maintained
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Current attendance at a college or university seeking degree in a related field
· Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Leadership experience and community or volunteer involvement
· Intermediate/Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite
· Successful completion of applicable internships but not required
Internship and Work Study offers are contingent upon successful results from post-offer physical/drug testing and background, reference and check.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications accepted until December 3, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.