- Great opportunity to join a global mining organization
- Outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits – Superior, Arizona
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for an Environmental Supervisor to assure a high standard of compliance and baseline data collection for environmental activities performed by contractors and employees.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to oversee an environmental sampling team and environmental monitoring program. This role supports data collection and management for regulatory compliance and baseline data needs for current activities and for the future permitting needs. Reporting to the Manager II Environment, Health, Safety, you will be:
- Leading a team of technicians and contractors to perform field inspections and complete associated reports for environmental compliance
- Working closely with all departments to ensure facilities are in proper conditions for regulatory compliance
- Assuring compliance with state and federal regulations, such as NPDES, MSGP, and Aquifer Protection Permits through record keeping, audits, and collaboration with departments site wide
- Assuring timely data collection and analysis for groundwater, storm water, biological resources, and soils during routine and special sampling events
- Evaluating data quality and interpreting data in multimedia baseline data collection and site reclamation characterization activities, with a focus on hydrogeology
- Working closely with contractors for HSE action planning and implementation, environmental training, and schedule updates
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in hydrogeology, or a degree in environmental science or engineering with substantive work experience in hydrogeology related to Aquifer Protection Permit requirements, MSGP, and NPDES permits.
- At least 5 years of experience in hydrogeology as a consultant (field and office work), preferably in mining or reclamation.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience and enjoy working outdoors
- The ability to understand and communicate technical and regulatory aspects of groundwater and surface water, waste regulations, biological resources, and reclamation requirements to employees, contractors, and the public.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- HAZWOPR and RCRA training and experience
- Excellent computer skills, developing reports and presentations
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a leading global mining organisation, apply today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information