Senior Advisor - Health & Safety
- Work in a global company with broad opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- This role will promote a high standard of HSE compliance for the Resolution Project in Arizona - Superior
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor - Health & Safety to develop, implement, and monitor Health, Safety and Environment initiatives within Resolution Copper including managing the systems, processes, procedures and programs.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to work within the Resolution Copper HSE team of the Copper & Diamonds product group. Reporting to the Manager HSE, you will be:
- Implementing organizational safety, health and environmental programs.
- Planning and implementing health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations.
- Implementing programs to train managers and employees in site HSE standards and practices.
- Preparing studies and analyses of accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and contractors
- Making recommendations to mitigate causes and to avoid occurrences and also responsible for the development and management of the team.
- Communicating regularly with key stakeholders including site management, supervisors and operational employees regarding occupational health obligations, plans and performance improvement.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ of experience in health & safety roles
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels
- Prior experience developing and implementing Health and Safety systems and tools with the ability to train, coach and mentor teams and individuals
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Certification in Health, Safety and/or Environment
- Appropriate mine surface training/certification in MSHA
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.