Social Media Specialist
- Great opportunity to work within a global organization
- Specific focus on digital and visual communications
- Superior based role with some flexibility or working from Phoenix/home
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist to support the development and implementation of communication strategies in support of Resolution Copper’s business goals. Resolution Copper is a proposed copper mine that would create good jobs for local people, be an engine for economic growth, and use the best practices to create a safe, sustainable and environmentally friendly operation.
Corporate Relations is a global team providing expertise and advice across all aspects of communication, media relations and stakeholder engagement. The team is responsible for managing a range of channels, publications, announcements, speeches and events.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to contribute outreach to local media, lead a social media program, and help give leaders a clear view of how communication strategies and tactics impact stakeholder perceptions and relationships. Reporting to the Principal Advisor - Communications, you will be:
Supporting internal communication initiatives through a variety of approved web and/or digital communication channels and writing, editing and distributing press releases and related materials
Leading web and digital media content strategy and development
Serving as the point of contact for media visits and logistics, and as secondary spokesperson for local and regional media
Managing Resolution Copper’s Internet, Intranet and Web-based sites and developing and implementing social media programs
Managing visual media and leading the creation of graphic design for mailers, posters, print and online advertising
- Planning and coordinating events, meetings and workshops.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or other related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in public relations, corporate communications and/or digital communications environment
- Understanding and in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Demonstrate creativity to develop trends and opportunities in social media content
- Experience driving large projects related to social media & corporate online reputation
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing messaging to manage complex and sensitive issues
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in planning and coordinating events, meetings and workshops
- knowledge of local and regional media
Join our global leading business where we empower you to grow, make a difference and implement positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information