Senior Advisor – Communications, Resolution Copper
- Great opportunity to work within a global organisation helping deliver world class communications
- Specific focus on employee and corporate communications
- Located in Superior, Arizona near the region of Phoenix
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainability and operating responsibly, with the needs of the environment, the community and cultural heritage in mind. We’re just as committed to innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how we may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor – Communications, Resolution Copper to strategically lead and support communications requirements for Resolution Copper to support the business and its strategy now and into the future. This position plays a key role in helping leaders become more effective communicators, internally and externally.
Corporate Relations is a global team providing expertise and advice across all aspects of communication, media relations and stakeholder engagement. The team is responsible for managing a range of channels, publications, announcements, speeches and events.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an engaging communications professional to support the development of employee communications and provide their own flair to enhance the roll out of business initiatives. Reporting to the General Manager Communications, Copper and Diamonds, you will be:
- Creating and leading strategies and initiatives to support employee engagement, with a strong emphasis on leadership and two-way communications
- Crafting strategic message platforms for the project and key issues, and developing and delivering plans to embed initiatives – including aligning teams with the business purpose -- among Leaders and employees
- Creating executive communication materials and providing communication coaching to leaders
- Executing campaigns for Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds and the global corporation.
- Responsible to develop and lead key communications channels and media
- Managing local implementation of media relations and public affairs initiatives and projects.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related discipline
- Seven years’ experience with corporate communications
- Proven ability to develop correct messaging to manage complex and sensitive issues
- Applied knowledge and experience in company communications and reputation management
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with multiple business partners and key stakeholders
Please note, to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information