Our Aboriginal Training and Support (ATAS) programme identifies
employment opportunities through a structured pre-employment pathway for
Traditional Owners of the land on which Rio Tinto operates in the Pilbara.
This programme provides fixed-term contracts for Aboriginal people at our mine, port and rail operations
across the Pilbara. It builds their capacity, skills and industry
experience, with an opportunity to transition into full-time employment at the
end of the programme, based on safety, performance and job availability.
What we are looking for
To be considered for these opportunities, you must:
• Be fit for work;
• Be aged 18 years or older;
• Be a Traditional Owner of the land on which Rio Tinto operates in the
• Hold a current C class manual drivers licence, with a minimum of green P
• Reside in Perth, Broome, Busselton, Albany or Geraldton, or Dampier, Karratha, Wickham, Paraburdoo and Tom Price-
relocation assistance is not available;
• Possess strong communication skills, and have the ability to work as
part of a diverse team; and
• Be self-motivated and have a high regard for safety.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role, you must complete
all pre-screening questions when submitting your application.
For more information, please visit www.riotinto.com/careers, where you
can view a list of current vacancies, and also register for job alerts so we
can notify you when new positions become available.