Supervisor - Processing & Production
- A company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance
- Opportunity to work for a global mining company with the latest technology and innovations
- Excellent opportunity to develop your career - Wilmington
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Supervisor - Processing & Production to provide leadership and direction for development of the production teams and to foster a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork at Wilmington Operations.
Rio Tinto Minerals operates globally providing borates to world markets. Recognised as a leader in the industrial minerals industry due to product quality, supply reliability and technical support; we are proud to make modern life work. From our location in Boron, California we supply refined borates which are key ingredients in fiberglass, glass, ceramics, fertilisers, wood preservatives and many other products.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to learn and develop your career. Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be:
- Ensuring the safe, effective, and economical production of borates. In addition, initiating best practices to optimize recovery of the ore supply.
- Initiating and leading in creating and sustaining a behaviour based safety and health culture site wide.
- Setting priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinating work activities with the other supervisors and areas.
- Delivering Lean/management concepts activities within team or area.
- Minimize the use of consumable resources while maximizing the output of finished product.
- Ensuring business is conducted in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in mining/mineral processing or maintenance/operations.
- 3+ years’ experience in supervising a union workforce.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, MS Project& SAP
- Excellent written verbal, and presentation skills
- Handle multiple assignments with appropriate prioritization.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organisation, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer